Some tidbits from the 2016 census:
- In 2016, 17.9% of adults aged 15 and over living in private dwellings lived alone, 61.0% lived in a couple and 4.7% lived as a lone parent.
- 79.2% of persons living in a couple were married in 2016, while 20.8% were living common law.
- In 2016, the proportion of young adults aged 20 to 34 living with at least one parent was 34.7% compared to 35.6% in 2011.
- In 2016, there were 140 same-sex couples.
- In 2016, among couple census families 68.1% were families without children and 31.9% were families with children.
For the complete report click here: 2016 S.C. Census Data